De Vette Mossel Beach Restaurant at Great Brak River
De Vette Mossel Grootbrak Beach Seafood Restaurant at Great Brak River in the Garden Route offers much more than merely superb seafood. This is an experience – in unusual and informal surroundings – with traditional Cape fisherman culture in true West Coats style. Right on the beach.
Open Air Restaurant near Mossel Bay on the Beach
For 3 hours you can feast on as much as you want or can eat at this Open Air Restaurant right on the beach near Mossel Bay! The majority of the dishes are prepared in full view on open fires in front of you, guaranteeing off–the-grid-fresh seafood. At De Vette Mossel you eat in West Coast style – with a mussel shell, no fancy cutlery and crockery.
The menu consists of 7 courses, consisting of 13 dishes which are prepared and presented one after the other.
• Pot Bread, which is baked throughout the meal, with farm butter and jam/preserve
• Mussel meat, with onions, lots of garlic and farm butter & Mussels in a half shell, steamed with onions in wine
• West Coast Snoek– with Sweet sweet potato. West Coast style
• Seafood pot with 4 types of fish, calamari strips, mussels and cleaned prawn tails served with Rice, Garden salad and Vegetable dish with milk and cheese
• Meat potjie (for those who don’t eat seafood)
• Water Melon and Sweet Melon or Tropical Fruit
• Coffee and Koeksisters– (sorry – no tea!)
Available Additional for those of you who want to go all out.
• Catch of the Day – with onions and oil/butter
• Calamari Steak – pan-fried with onions and butter
• West Coast Rock Lobster/Whole Prawns – taste the sea!
Lunch and Dinner at De Vette Mossel in Great Brak River
De Vette Mossel in Great Brak River is open the whole year! During school holidays open every day. The rest of the year every Saturday evening and Sunday afternoon as well as any day for functions
De Vette Mossel has two eating sessions per day.
– Lunch session: 12:00
– Dinner session: 18:30
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.